Saturday, March 3, 2012

Will be visiting NYC in April. I was wondering what Broadway shows you might suggest we go to? Have seen Hairspray, 42nd Street, Lion King, Chicago a couple of more I can't remember.|||See a real show, not a Disneyesqe tourist trap.

Go to see The Farnsworth Invention.|||If your group does not include kids, then I highly recommend Young Frankenstein. Non-stop laughteer the entire show.|||Mamma Mia or Wicked all the way (but if u have kids go with the Lion King), Hairspray was AMAZING and so was Chicago (i would pay a million bucks to c it again!)|||Wicked is a great show, for both younger and older audiences.

In the Heights is great - it just moved to Broadway (from off-Broadway) and everyone loves it - I've seen it three times!

If you have kids - Mary Poppins and Little Mermaid might be good.

* Spring Awakening - the original cast is gone, but it is still very good
* A Chorus Line is really good
* Avenue Q is super funny, but really geared towards adults,
* Legally Blonde - better than you think it will be
* Spam-a-lot - super funny and great music

For plays - August Osage County is AMAZING!! The best play on Broadway (or off) right now.|||I am going to NYC again in 3 weeks and I was looking at plays too. I have decided against Legally Blonde after seeing the MTV version they taped live from Broadway. I couldn't keep watching it. I thought it was horrible. I had also thought Xanadu might be good, but after seeing a portion of it on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade - it was just awful - that made my decision (plus the reviews I've read since weren't favorable either).|||I recommend Avenue Q, also Jersey Boys & Spamalot, also not sure if its still playing, but The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment