Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I currently live in NJ and the company that I work for is headquartered in NJ, but I am thinking of transferring to the NYC office because of a better commute. For state income tax purposes, would I be paying NY state taxes or NJ state taxes? I know that if I pay NY state taxes, I will get a credit on my NJ tax return but I would like to know if the fact that my company is headquartered in NJ makes any difference tax wise. Any advice will be helpful.|||You pay tax to the state where you work and to the state where you live. It does not matter where the company is headquartered. The credit on your NJ return is only for the tax you paid to NJ on the income also taxed by NY or the tax you paid to NY on income also taxed by NJ, whichever is less.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment