Friday, February 24, 2012

My Boyfriend and I are visiting NYC in mid October and we are looking for a restaurant to schedule a reservation. We want to splurge on amazing food, but we're more comfortable in less "stuffy" restaurants. This is his first trip to the city since he's from the south so we wanted to make it special. We enjoy "hip, trendy" environments, but we do not want to lose the quality of the food. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!|||There are tons of places to eat in the city that do not require a coat and tie. I suggest looking on www.menupages.com for a listing of restaurants with reviews or even www.opentable.com.

As for the poster who posted a link to that other question. Read it again and step back. That person acted like a child in an establishment. Despite his master's degree, he acted without any tact and was classless in his behavior.|||Don't go where this poor guy went!|||Cucina di Pesci (East Village). This is a casual Italian eatery. Very affordabel and very good food. The atmospshere is also great. It's a well known mainstay for locals. One of my favorite place in the city (I'm not real fond the the "stuffy" places either).|||You can get incredible food in Little Italy at just about any restaurant. My husband and I have been going to NYC twice a year for 22 years and we make it a priority to eat in L.I. at least twice during the week we are there. Prices are great, large portions, the best bread you can imagine and always, always amazing food and service. The atmosphere in Little Italy is just so different, there are neat little shops and it is quite a romantic area. possibly more historical than trendy.
Now on the other end of the spectrum, go to Bobby Vans for a steak that melts in your mouth and the steaks are huge. It is pricey, yet we went casual in fact I had on jeans. I entered the website for you below. It is considered to be trendy and I also included another web site you check out.
O.K. here is my favorite and you would love it. The River Cafe right under the Brooklyn Bridge on the Brooklyn side. Impeccable dining experience with the Manhattan Skyline right outside you window, so go at night. It is expensive but worth every penny.
I hope you have a wonderful time together and eat good food until you can't fasten your pants. If you have never been to NYC I have to warn you, there is magic there and it is addicting. I begin to have withdrawals about every 6 months. If you get a chance e-mail me, I would love to know how much fun you had.|||Here are a few of my faves, my boyfriend and I are chill so we like to dress comfy.

Giovanna's in Little Italy (Italian)

Suteishi on Front Street in the financial district (japanese)

Cabana (there's a few in NYC) cuban food

Arturros (Pizza)

火车采集器
  • restaurants in chicago
  • tallahassee2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment