Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I am going to NYC for the first time in December. I would like to know what everyone's favorite restaurant is and what everyone's favorite bar is. It would be great if you could tell me why you love it so much (meaning what type of food, music, etc.) Thanks for the help.|||Coming from a native New Yorker ..
I love this hole-in-the-wall in Chinatown.
It's affordable, cozy, and tasty, it's been there
since I can remember. It's nicknamed "69" only
because it's located:

69 Bayard St
(between Elizabeth St & Mott St)
New York, NY 10013
(212) 227-1173

and just two doors down is my favorite ice cream shop
Chinatown Ice Cream Factory
(just look for the yellow flag hanging above with the
adorable green dragon with a smile)
believe me, you won't regret getting dessert there.

As for music and stuff, it's been way to long since
I've gone out to party in NYC because I have been
traveling around the world with my hubby.

I LOVE NYC!!!|||Oh man, there are so many favorite restaurants but if I had to choose one....I would say Tavern on the Green. My first time there was for a Sweet Sixteen, it felt like some kind of fairy tale, we wore gowns and went in a limo (cheesy, I know) but it always sticks in my mind and it felt like a magical night. The decor is magnificent. Can't beat that. And the staff was very friendly. I've been back a few times and it didn't live up to my memories, but it's still great. When you're young, you see things differently.

Now without that whole fairy tale imprint in my head, I would say The House. It's not your normal restaurant, it actually looks like a house. It's dark, the way I like it, and they specialize in wine, they do half bottles. And their prosciutto panini is to DIE for.

As for a bar, I'd say Cooper 35 because they have $4 drinks all the time. And a patio---its kinda ugly, yes---but for me a drink (that's strong but cheap), a smoke, and good conversation can't be beat.

Something a little more upscale would be Flute. It's a champagne bar, but they do all kinds of drinks. It's dark and red inside, lots of velvet, small and quaint, you can snuggle up in a booth behind a curtain with your sweetie over champagne or sit at the bar with the friendly bartender. Dont let the place fool you, it looks like its only for rich snotty people, but it's really not.

Most importantly, have fun!!!|||I love SEA... ive been gonig here for years. They have 2 locations, one location is in brooklyn, it is huge. The one in the city is smaller and cozier. If you can go to the one in brooklyn b/c the ambiance is nicer and better for groups

SEA
75 2nd Ave Frnt
New York, NY 10003
(212) 228-5505


or the bklyn location
114 N 6th St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718) 384-8850



FOR BARS:

I like the Crocodile Lounge. You get free pizza with ever pitcher of beer u buy.
325 E 14th St
(between 1st Ave & 2nd Ave)
New York, NY 10003
(212) 477-7747|||fav bar 230 5th. best view in the city, outside, rooftop bar. drinks are very expensive, the line is crazy and the dress code is extremly strict|||myu favorite place in nyc is
Republic

everything is fab to eat there

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment