Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello - I'll be visiting NYC this weekend and am working on my itinerary. How much time should I allow for my Statue of Liberty visit, including ferry time? We're not HUGE historians, so probably won't spend an enormous time looking at historical displays/museum. Thanks!|||The ferry to the Statue of Liberty also stops at Ellis Island. I would allow anywhere from 2-3 hours total to stop at both places if you're not huge history buffs.

If you don't feel the need to spend money taking the ferry out to Liberty Island, you can take the FREE Staten Island ferry past the island. It gives you a great view of the Statue, but it won't actually stop at Liberty Island. It will take an hour roundtrip and is FREE!

I think the trip to Liberty Island is around $10-15 to actually stop at the island. There is nothing of interest on the actual island, unless you want to see the statue from up close.|||I was just in New York and visited Ellis Island on a Friday. The wait to board the ferry took about an hour and a half (in the pouring rain, no less). The ferry took about 10 minutes to get to Liberty Island, then an additional 5 for Ellis Island. I'm not sure what they have to offer at the Statue of Liberty, but I spent about an hour and a half wandering around Ellis Island. Getting off the island was much quicker, I waited about 15 minutes.|||All day. cause the lines to get to the ferry will be long, and you'll want to take your time seeing things cause it is worth it... then in the evening as you return to manhattan, stop by and have dinner in little italy, you will never eat better food this side of the atlantic|||Have they opened up the Statue of Liberty for tours yet? I thought it was still closed...maybe not; I'm pretty sure they closed the statue itself and only allow people to wander around the outside...personally, I'd go to "The Top of the Rock" or the Empire State building and just zoom in on it with one of the high powered cameras they have available; but if you insist on going, I'd plan for at least 3 hours total time....much more interesting things to do then that especially if you're on a limited schedule. Have fun in either case!|||Would suggest doing this early in the morning. You can book online and also get FREE national Park ranger led tours as part of your visit. The earlier you go the better as the lines will get longer during the day. Tickets are now for a 'window' of time - for instance 8:45am-10:45am and anyone holding the ticket can get in the line.
It's worth the visit!|||The boat trip there takes about 10 - 15 minutes, but you have to wait for the boat if you don't know what times they go!
The boats can wait for about 10 - 15 minutes also.
When you get there leave yourself about 30 - 45 mins to have a look around the actual statue (it is absolutely amazing so take a good look - even if your not a huge historian!) and maybe another 15 - 30 mins to look around the gift shop if you are interested.
Then you need to get the boat back, you could be waiting for a while, maybe even up to 20 - 30 minutes.. but then again you could walk straight on, so just make sure you leave enough time.
The boat journey back is the same as arriving, so about 10 - 15 mins.
To be very safe, I'd say leave about 2 hours, just so your not hurried! You want to enjoy the experience!

However if you want to visit Ellis Island also I'd leave another hour. I did'nt visit there when I went but I have heard it is very nice! They have boats going there too.

I hope you enjoy your trip to New York City! It is a truly amazing place!

Hope I've been helpful! x

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment