Saturday, March 3, 2012

Once I'm out of college I want to know if I can possibly get an internship with one of the magazines that are in NYC? Mainly I want to find out HOW i can get a job there, do I have to fill out an application? Just walk in there and ask "I'm a photographer can I have a job?" or do I need to go online?

Mainly I just want INFO!|||You need to do several things at once.

- Market your portfolio: You don't know who is connect to who. If you do good work and let the world know what you want it make sit all the easier to connect the dots. Contact a photographer at ELLE and ask them to review your stuff first.

- Aggressively build a network: Connect to alumni in industry, have coffee chats and visit them for office visits, ask what you should be doing to get a job. This will tell you what you need to work on and already have people who can recommend you once you're ready to pursue an opportunity.

- Have specific goals and value proposition: The people who stand out can very clearly state what they offer and what they want to get out of a job. For example: is working at the magazine a stepping stone to somewhere else?

- Know the competition: What are the other photographers in the industry doing? Are they on certain sites, do they all hang out in the same social scenes. The industry is very incestuous in that regard.

Hope this helps and Good luck!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment