Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hi - will be moving to NYC the last week of January. Moving from hot West Texas. I'm used to wearing just thick socks and leather boots in cold weather which isn't too often. Can you please recommend what type of shoes I should have handy? Do I really need to buy snowboots from brands like Sorel or what about Wellies? I'm a bit lost as to the conditions, please help me out! Thanks!|||I bought myself a pair of Salomons last year. They're heavenly on a cold day. They're also waterproof, which comes in handy.

Wellies are good for rainy days, but I wouldn't wear them to protect from the cold. That's not what they're intended for.

Whatever you end up buying, please make sure that you get something with a good sole. It can be icy here and you'll want to minimize the amount of times you fall on your butt.|||I would buy the sorels. Or something like them. I personally live in the Northeast (farther north than NYC) and I wear the heavy duty sorels, but they make some that are cuter and still just as warm. They can be expensive (most winter gear is) but they will last you forever. I bought mine probably 10 years ago at this point, and they still work great. You just need to replace the inside lining every once in a while.


Wellies are cute and you might be able to get away with the thick socks, but it has been my experience that your feet will just freeze in those. They are not well insulated at all. And not good if you get caught in a lot of snow.


You could get Uggs as well. I personally think they are ugly and not super practical in a place that gets a lot of snow, but you can winterize them. I just think that with all the salt they put down on sidewalks/the road you will just end up with ruined leather. Ugly to begin with, ruined leather.|||How much money are you planning on spending for boots? $200? $100? $500?

You can buy perfectly good, waterproof and warm totes boots for $35 or $50. If you're going to be living in Manhattan and it actually snows, you're going to be walking around in lots and lots of black, ugly, freezing cold SLUSH for days and days and you won't want to be ruining your expensive boots.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment