Monday, February 6, 2012

My best friend and I are visiting NYC for the first time the first week of December. I have lived in South Florida my entire life and have never traveled to cold weather. What shoes do you recommend(I am planning on taking sneakers for walking and some boots for the night)? How many jackets and sweaters should I pack? Do you recommend buying a winter coat or would a really simple leather jacket and layering sweaters be enough?|||I recommend that you buy a down jacket or a winter coat. Especially since you are not used to cold weather. Don't forget warm gloves, a scarf, a hat. Bring warm underwear if you have any - you know, leggings to wear under you pants or someting like that.

I'm not so convinced of the "sneakers". You need shoes that are large enough so you can fit in two or three pairs of socks, and they also need a profile, because you will probably find snow and ice. That's why I'm not so convinced of the sneakers. You'll probably just slip on the snow/ice because the sole doesn't have any profile.

Pack two or three warm sweaters, and a couple of long-sleeved shirts to wear underneath.

I remember being in New York in December, and it was so cold! You know, there is nothing to break the wind, because all the houses are aligned in squares. So there's just this cold wind blasting through the streets.|||Cold. I'm from NYC, and winters are beyond freezing.

Think jeans, sweaters, a down coat. Since it's December, I'm going to go on the assumption that there WILL be snow. I would not wear sneakers. The city gets disgusting with snow due to all the city buses, and high traffic. It's dirty, wet, slushy, and you can find yourself stepping in deep puddles of ice water, and at that point, no sneaker is going to save your foot.

Think, UGGS. Or something very similar...a tall boot which will go OVER your pants. Tuck the jeans into the boot.

Ear muffs, scarves and gloves are also things which are a MUST. The wind gets brutal in the city and you'll find that your nose, ears, and tips of fingers get extremely cold, to the point of burning, and severe uncomfort.

Definitely buy a winter coat. Definitely bring weather resistant snow boots. Even in sneakers you'll find that your toes will freeze. Heavy socks are a must.

Bring all the sweaters and long sleeved shirts you can pack.

火车采集器
  • english to hebrew translation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment