Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sometimes I see young people, say late teens, early to mid 20s living or moving to NYC. How do they afford to live there assuming that their parents are not too rich?
Or if they are interning in NYC, how do they afford an apartment?|||excellent ?.
i have been wondering that myself. i seriouslt dunno.
maybe they just want NY so bad, they've been saving up all their teen years.....then when they run out they turn in to the bums htat are always in the subways...lol, i honestly dont know, but i would love to find out.|||I lived in NY when I went to college. I was born and raised in SO CAL so price wise it wasnt a huge jump, but given that the cost of living is more minimum wage and everything like that is more there too, so in a sense it all works out, and when you have room mates and everything, it really is no different.|||Lots of people, young and not-so-young, have roommates. Sharing a place with one or more other people (three or four people together isn't uncommon) can keep the cost reasonable.|||I know what you mean!..I looked at apartments and the prices..and i mean i looked at supposedly cheap ones..and i can tell you..completely out of my price range!..I would love to live in NYC but..even if i did consider having room-mates to keep the price down..i just wouldn't know anybody!..So i would say you'd probably have to know somebody living there to make it cheaper!|||1 word - room mates|||They live six to an apartment in Brooklyn.|||I just moved to NY from the south and I can tell you its very expensive here. Rent, food, cabs, tolls, parking tickets, entertainment, etc. can get ridiculous. So I've noticed most young and older people have roommates. Another thing I've noticed is there are families that have been living here for years and they pass apartments down to the younger generations if the apartment is rent controlled. So for example, you may hear of someone renting an apartment downtown for only $900 a month but their family has lived in it 10 years or more. If you do run into someone young who lives alone, they may just have a great job and no other expenses so they can afford to pay in upwards of 3K a month for a 1 bedroom apartment or they have roommates or they had it passed down to them from a family member.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment