Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hey guys, I'm planning to go to NYC for the weekend, Sat & Sun to visit friends. I've taken the bus, train, and plane. The bus is okay, but less comfortable than the train. And returning on Sunday afternoon/evening I heard can be a pain because of the line(s). I have taken the plane, but its almost the same time as the train/bus considering security, etc and its quite expensive. For the train, its quite expensive too (Amtrak) $78 for the cheapest in the regional train, but it is quite comfy.

Please advise. I'm planning on taking the bus on Sat morning and regional Amtrak train on Sunday.

Thanks for your help.|||take the greyhound bus. it's more reliable than the fung wah, and just about the same price. If you buy the ticket online using the "e-ticket" option, the price is $15 each way. plus the bus stops at port authority in nyc (and not crowded chinatown)|||Those Chinatown buses to NYC go from Boston Chinatown to New York Chinatown really cheaply. Students and Chinese people are the usual crowd on it. If you bring an iPod you can pass the time easily because most of the people on that bus are probably speaking Chinese so that limits your conversations. Plus the bus is probably filled with smoke from people who never heard of No Smoking.

If you can deal with those issues that is the biggest travel bargain.|||I agree about Fung Wah - don't take it. It's cheap but not safe. I think the train is your best bet - it's more comfortable than the bus, and usually less expensive than flying. I took the train both ways last time I went to NYC and was very happy with it.|||I love the Red Sox!!!!|||Do NOT ride the Fung Wah (aka the 'Chinatown' bus) under any circumstances. They are notoriously NOT SAFE.|||have you tried airtrans.com sometimes they have tickets as low as $39.00. No joke
i live in the south and the had a ticket to MA for $67.00 over the summer. my co-worker use them all the time.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment