Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm going to NYC for the first time ever in a bit and am taking a train that arrives at GCT around 8:30. I was planning on going straight from there to the Ferry Terminal in Battery Park. How hard is it to get a taxi outside of GCT?, How long is the average cab ride from GCT to the Ferry Terminal and what would be the approximate charge?|||It was the Friday after Thanksgiving in 1997. My wife & I, and the 2 daughters, walked out of FAO Schwarz, on the corner of 5th Ave. & 58th St. around 6:00 P.M. and had a 6:30 dinner reservation to meet her brother's family in Little Italy. I told the cab driver there was an additional $20 in it for him, if he could get us there around then.

We were taken on a thrill ride that would rival anything any of us had ever been on...at any amusement park we had ever been to! We went over a sidewalk, through a red light, around other vehicles that I felt I could touch if I just put my finger out the window one inch and at speeds at times that made us feel we were in a movie.

I found it amazing what an extra $20 could do...and my wife threaten to shoot me if I ever did that again.

We arrived in front of Ferrara's Cafe at 6:35 on the dot!|||My friend, the trip from Grand Central to Staten Island Ferry Terminal will takes about 20 minutes. Take the downtown (southbound) #4 or 5 express train (Green Line on the subway map) from Grand Central to Bowling Green.

Once you get to Bowling Green, exit subway at the south end of the station and walk south along Broadway from the station to Ferry Terminal.

I hope this information is very helpful.

Good luck
Native New Yorker

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment