Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm going to NYC on vacation in JULY. I was wondering how women in their early 20's dress in the big apple because being a tourist I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Any info or tips (considering the weather) would really help me to know what I need to pack!|||sundresses of all colors are all over-if youre going to be walking around, (and you will be walking around) I would suggest very comfortable flats or sandals or something else thats not new heels. bring sunscreen, sunglasses (very new york) and a little cardigan sweater when youre out during the day and it turns to a chilly evening. New York is all about being your self and as long as you don't have a fanny pack or ill fitting khackis, you'll be fabulous|||Its HOT! And humid, so lots of shorts and tanks! People in NY dress all different ways so you won't stick out. Bring a sweatshirt and jacket just in case it gets chilly at night but for the most part it's friggin HOT! I'm a girl in my 20s, I go there often to visit friends, I just dress like myself but according to the weather. If you enjoy going out you will love it, I never get much sleep when i'm out there the bars stay open til 4am and then the diners are open 24 hours! And don't forget to try some of the many great restaurants, etc. They have great food in NY, not as good as here in San Fran though ;-) Have fun!|||i was just there.

PLEASEEEEE don't wear a back pack with a map stickout of the back. lol

I saw this family of tourists doing that.. they were so obvious.

Basically have a lot of water with you and no fannie packs. Instead do a big tote bag or any type of bag.

Oh and have an umbrella just in case.. actually in nyc there are people selling umbrellas when it rains.I'm not joking. But it was so funny. When I was there it started raining hard and this guy was just walking by selling jumbo umbrellas. lmao

Anyways.. attire: wear whatever you want..
whatever is your style. keep in mind it gets both hot and rainy.|||you can check this site,they have lots of dresses.
I have just ordered 2 items mother dress from this website http://www.kanaccasbridal.com/shopbrands.asp?cate_id=326
For my brother鈥檚 wedding, my mum and friends鈥?mum are very satisfied with the dress , both dresses are suit them very well, sincerely , I only spend $400 for these two dresses . if you are interesting in, you mat go this website http://www.kanaccasbridal.com/shopbrands.asp?cate_id=326
Good lucky.|||most 20-something women i see wear light colored flowing sundresses when it gets hot. the dresses go down to about 6 inches above the knee, and they wear flip flops to walk around in. most of them are very very nice looking.|||very.....very...distracting....;D

its usually so packed there i cant tell, a lot of people are different i would just be myself|||anything goes. don't listen to these people. dress how u wanna dress|||When I was on vacation there, my impression of the city was that it was PACKED. As the notorious "big apple," it is one of the most multi-cultural city I've ever visited: people dress whatever suits them (according to their mood & style, aside from the mandatory work uniform of business suit, of course), so yeah, just be yourself. If you don't want to "stick out," WALK FAST (whatever is your "regular" pace, double up). They are THAT fast-paced, regardless whether it's the weekend or weekdays. You will KNOW who the NYC residents are: weekdays, people are mostly clad in black business suits (pant suits or suit skirts)....rushing, rushing, rushing in business totes and briefcases; weekends, "youngsters" seem to dress in jeans and casual "night out" clothes just as any other big cities....but they, too, were always rushing, rushing, rushing....people rush in attempt to beat the taxis and cars just to cross the streets....and vice versa. So yeah, SKIP the high heels----hahaha, my mom insisted on wearing her heels and she paid the price in pain.

As for the weather, since I'm from the Rockies, I noticed it's waaay more HUMID over there. Temperature wise, it's about the same as Denver during the summer, but it's the humidity that made it FEEL sooo much hotter. I brought makeup with me, but decided to minimize it because I was a bit frustrated with the humidity. It's perfectly OK to wear mini backpacks, small to medium totes, or over-the-shoulder bags, prepared with makeup and other essentials, such as tissues (oil blotting tissues are not enough if you have oily skin or combination/oily T-zone) to help soak up sweat (and I hardly sweat much). But satchels will get in the way of shopping. DRINK WATER, not pop (soda)----caffeine is a diuretic----it will only dehydrate you much faster and make you go to the bathroom too much. You will much rather spend more time site seeing and shopping.

Don't miss out on the MANY great restaurants, too, ESPECIALLY their China Town (San Francisco's China Town is STILL the BEST in the U.S. in my opinion though). Don't worry, eat now, you will work off the calories when you hike around site seeing and shopping. ;)

If you decide to go on the "ferry ride" (around the Statue of Liberty)....that's where I would recommend wearing full makeup during the day, because they take your photo before you go on the ferry. However, ferry or not, the breeze helps A LOT while you're visiting the Statue of Liberty.

Have fun and don't miss out going on top of the Rockefeller building to see the precious sight of the city! Go hit the clubs! You'll have sooo much fun!! My daughter is ALREADY planning another NYC trip.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment