Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I just moved to an old Apt in NYC from California and I am freezing (I am also a big wimp). I have a silver radiator in the corner and I turned the valve on the lower left all the way on, but nothing happened and the hunk of metal is cold.

I have no idea how this thing works and am trying to avoid calling the Super (I don't want to be any more high-maintenance than I have already been!)

Can anyone possibly advise me on what to do? I would truly appreciate any guidance provided.|||Not a wimp move... call the super/ maintenance guy... there is a boiler in the basement that heats water, and pumps it into your radiator... the boiler needs to be turned on,,, the thermostat needs to be turned up, you mentioned the valve, turned so it comes out- no big... yes do contact your head and fix the serious problem that winter is nasty out here|||Well thank you kindly.. didn't realize USA citizens where polite, Thank you, stay warm lol.

Report Abuse

|||are you sure the radiator is your heater? sometimes in old apartments there is a new heating system but old radiator are just left there? no other thermostat around? double check ..and/ or get out a bottle of wine and go introduce yourself to a neighbor in the building ask them about heat...I am in Ca though may be too late back there..unless you hear some noise in the hallway indicating they are still up...good luck..I love NY..enjoy !

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment