Friday, February 17, 2012

My sister and I are traveling to these places in the spring. Any recommendations? We are planning to visit the monuments, natural history museum,holocaust musem, see some shows in NYC and visit liberty island. Just not sure what to do in Pennsylvania. Any ideas on hotels, food, other sites we should be including?

Weather conditions in March or April? I am guessing still chilly, but anyone with insight. We are planning to stay 8-9 days. Thanks! |||Oh my gosh...those are 3 of my favorite towns!

There's so much to do and see. Let me make a few suggestions:

1. A lot of stuff is FREE to see in all these towns...make sure you take advantage of that and save your money to eat all the glorious food. I don't know where you're from, but I'm from TX, so I don't get great Philly chesesteaks and cart food here.

2. If you're going to Ellis/Liberty Island do yourself two favors:
a. don't go on a weekend
b. buy your tickets in advance!
My friend and I spend 3 and a half hours just trying to get on the ferry as the line wrapped itself around Battery park. This is after we spent and hour in line for tickets. Luckily, it's worth it.

3. Philly is such a beautiful town. Make sure you see independance hall and the liberty bell, it really is a must see!

4. D.C. has so many mueseums! Make sure you take your time, b/c they're all so big. It's best to map out where you want to go BEFORE you get there so you can see what you want to see.

5. Have fun! Like I said, my 3 fave cities. I'm not much of an "eastern" girl, but I do enjoy spending time in these places! The kinetic energy is just great!


|||Two things come to mind Hershey Park - you know, that chocolate stuff? But it sounds like you are into history a bit - Gettysburg is a day well spent.

They have a brand new visitor center with a cafeteria and a book store. My recommendation is to purchase a CD tour at the gift shop. As you listen to it in your car it tells you where to go and details about the battle.

If you are making the effort to go to the Statue of Liberty, be sure to get a "monument pass" which will allow you to go inside the statue to the pedestal viewing area.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment